Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Dragon Skylines: Book 1 Feathers of Gold review



This book was interesting for me. It was an easy read and the moment a certain someone appeared you could tell they were a villain and once you figured that out, you’d figure out the rest of the story as well.

An image for the cover of Dragons and Skylines: Book 1 Feathers and Gold. It shows off a dragon covered with gold feathers as sh stands infant of a city
While I wasn’t a fan of the fish out of water trope with Grith, and I couldn’t care less for Chris, once more, I successfully guessed the entire plot of the story within the second chapter...it was a good read. Best book I’ve read so far this year.

Once the plot gets going, it doesn’t stop, I find it funny this entire story takes place over three, maybe four days.

Ashley was the best character for me, and everyone was well-written.

For any male readers who might be uncomfortable reading this book, especially during the first five chapters, I recommend you stick with it. What happens in the beginning is a prevalent thing for women and if that makes you uncomfortable, good. It’s supposed to. Just keep reading and keep yourself aware of these things. The more we read and talk about those kinds of events, the more aware we’ll be as a society.

I think in all, despite it being the best book I’ve read so far this year, I can only give it a B rating and that’s because of the trope with the villain organisation at the end. I can’t talk about said trope because of spoilers, but it’s one I really don’t care for and it’s filled with a lot of negative stereotypes. If you read the book then you’ll most likely already know which trope I’m referring to. If you want to know how to avoid using it, I highly suggest speaking with Jewish writers on the subject matter.

But yeah, the cons for me was that I couldn’t care for Grith being one of those fish-out-of-water characters. I figured out the main villain the moment they appeared, and I don’t like how the villainous organisation was handled...it was still a pretty good read. B out of S tier, not bad, will be reading book 2 in the future but knowing the villainous organisation is gonna keep playing a role in the overarching story, I can’t see the rest of the books getting higher than a B, but we’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment