Thursday, June 13, 2024

Statue Pop Idols


One thing I love about stories is the endless possibilities.

There’s no limit to your imagination which is why I watch anime.

The stories I see on the anime list are so insane, that I don’t think I could ever have remotely thought about some of these stories, even if I had a thousand years to make them.

Stories like a pop idol band, where the idols are statues from the Renaissance era...yup.

Sekko Boys is a story about the pop idol band, Rockies where the singers are statues...I honestly don’t think I need to explain anything else.

The show doesn’t take itself seriously, and the episodes are on average seven minutes. It doesn’t overstay its welcome, it doesn’t try to be groundbreaking, and it’s a show about talking statues.

Sometimes when I watch something, I try to figure out how a story was created. Who came up with this idea? Who agreed to it? This is such a random concept, the only way I can think about how this came to be is that the studio who made this needed some money but had no idea what to create and literally just spun the wheel.

I can’t even begin to think how someone could have thought of “I want to create a funny idol show, and I also want to write about statues...what if I combine them?”

If that’s how this story was made, I would love to know how their brains work. I’m struggling with story ideas myself. Maybe I’ll write a story about a vending machine or something, I doubt anyone has done that before.

No comments:

Post a Comment